La Civetta in Tuscany's Maremma offers a serene and exclusive retreat for 14 people in 7 Bedrooms and 6 Bathrooms. Set amidst majestic cypress, and shady umbrella pine, on well-kept lawns, sprinkled with fruit trees and aromatic borders of rosemary and sage, and with panoramic views to the sea, the scene is pleasing to every sense. In addition to a Pool and Tennis court, you will be offered, only 12 minutes away, private access to the Mediterranean beach, with picnic cabana, shower, sun beds and changing cabin. For your comfort there will be one professional cook, two housekeepers, and a gardener who also looks after the pool.
The house is full of the kind of stylish character that we love, mixing a connoisseur's selection of antiques and objects, with a sense of whimsy and pure style. The entry level hosts an L-shaped double living room, a separate dining room, a large kitchen, and a Guest room with en-suite bedroom and bath. Two paved patios lead from the dining and living rooms, and offer an ideal place for outdoor living. As one expects in Italy, the patio in front of the living room is equipped with comfortable couches and is perfect for enjoying the sunset while the other, accessed from the dining
room, contains large tables for al fresco dining.
On the next floor, you will find 6 Bedrooms and 5 Bathrooms, 4 of which are Twins which can be made as Kings, as well as the other two which are Kings. In addition there is a children's room in the next floor up with two twins, not counted in total.
Looking for Ideas for Experiences? Look no further than the line below:
- Day trips on a yacht to the nearby islands of the Tuscan Archipelago - Elba, Giglio, Giannutri, Gorgona, Capraia, Pianosa, and Montecristo.
- Medieval towns of Bolgheri, Castagneto Carducci and Massa Marittima
- Etruscan and Roman sites all are nearby.
- Private wine tasting visits to the award winning wineries of Ornellaia, Sassicaia, Guado al Tasso or Grattamacco.
- Tours with an art historian to the art cities of Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra, with visits to the historic palaces and gardens that are not normally open to public.
- At the nearby five star Tombolo Thalassotherapy Resort guests are able to utilize the spa’s facilities.
- Castagneto Carducci: 2 km
- Donoratico: 4 km
- Beach: 5 km
- Bolgheri: 3 km
- San Vincenzo: 12 km
- Nearest airport: Pisa 82 km (50 minutes)
- Florence: 133 km (1 1/2 hours)
- Siena 157 km (1 hour 40 minutes
Of course, there is shopping and there are plenty of restaurants to enjoy. Local foods are based on Maremma specialties, fresh fruits and vegetables, freshly made mozzarella and of course, the famous Super Tuscan Wines nearby.