This magnificent chateau and listed national monument dating from the 17th century sits on 4 hecatares of landscaped park overlooking the Camargue village of St Laurent d’Aigouze.
The pleasure starts when you arrive up a splendid “Grande Allée” of yew trees and plane trees, into a vast and peaceful.parkland . After a careful restoration, the Château, offers the delightful combination of its history and tradition with all modern comforts. Its interior decoration features impressive murals depicting scenes of battle. Enter the beautiful lobby and immerse yourself in luxurious living.
The kitchen is fully equipped with an American refrigerator and leads to a small living room and dining room with fireplace. The reception room has exquisite vaulted ceilings and an open fireplace. The first main floor suite offers wonderful views of the garden from its balcony. With the 3 other rooms on this floor, there is a spacious playground, ideal for families. A very special activity room in the castle is the great high-definition home theater with seating for 24 people, and an extensive library.
Additionally, there is an indoor pool with adjoining spa, hammam and massage room. A gym, table tennis, football and well-equipped tables are available to cater to all your entertainment needs. The grounds also offer a large wine tasting room with mezzanine, a large outdoor swimming pool, billiard room, a tennis court and many outdoor terraces for outdoor dining and aperitifs.
Outside Equipment: Games room with pool table and a sitting area opening onto a small plantation of vines. There are several large terraces for meals and aperitifs with barbecue. Large outdoor pool. Bikes are available to explore the area.
Maid service is included for 7 hours a day, 7 days a week, including breakfast preparation.
Location & Local Information: The castle opens directly onto the village square where there is a fresh market every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The village offers all the small shops including bakery, tobacco, restaurants, florist, etc. Located on the edge of the Petite Camargue with its series of long level roads criss-cross the marshes and farmland, you are ideally placed to explore this unique region by jeep safari, bicylce or horseback.
The Camargue National Park is famous for its black bulls, white horses, pink flamingos, and over 400 species of birds. Pony / horse can be organized locally.
- The medieval fortified town of Aigues-Mortes is only 9 km away
- The beaches of Le Grau-du-Roi just 12 km away
- There are two 18-hole golf courses near La Grande-Motte, Flamingos, “Les Flamants Roses (pink flamingos)) was designed by the legendary American golf architect Robert Trent Jones.
- The castle is a 30-minute drive from Nimes-Garons Airport (Ryanair from Luton, Liverpool and Brussels) and a 35-minute drive from Montpellier Méditerranée Airport.
- The nearest TGV station is Nîmes which has direct trains from Paris (2 hours 56 minutes).
- 35mn from Montpellier Méditerranée Airport
- 30 mn from Nîmes Garons-Airport